The mission of Hampshire Regional High School is to empower students to be capable and confident and prepared to meet the challenges of life. In partnership with our five towns, we create a supportive and respectful environment that fosters cooperation, critical thinking, and creativity. We encourage our students to explore opportunities that develop the knowledge and skills needed to be lifelong learners and responsible participants in society.
Mission and Core Values
- Intellectual Curiosity and Academic Achievement
- Responsibility and Perseverance
- Collaboration and Engagement
- Respect and Compassion
School-Wide Learning Expectations
- Constructively utilize and provide feedback to promote social and academic growth.
- Solve increasingly complex problems both collaboratively and individually.
- Demonstrate self-reliance, integrity, and tenacity in setting and completing goals.
- Ask relevant questions and contribute respectfully to classroom discussion.
- Apply subject knowledge and skills to produce consistently high-quality work.
Academic Expectations All Hampshire Regional High School students will learn, apply, and integrate essential knowledge as outlined in the Massachusetts State Frameworks. Hampshire Regional High School students will:
- Write effectively.
- Read effectively.
- Speak effectively.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Utilize technological tools and skills.
Civic Expectations Hampshire Regional High School students will:
- Make a positive contribution to their communities.
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility in their school and their communities.
Social Expectations Hampshire Regional High School students will:
- Demonstrate respect for self and others.
- Abide by the school’s Code of Conduct.Accept responsibility for their own behavior.
- Accept consequences for their actions.
Approved by the HRHS faculty on June 10, 2003. Approved by the HRHS School Committee on August 11, 2003